Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Scoop that Squash

Every year I make it a point to carve a pumpkin for Halloween.  If I have a lot of time I make a fancy one using a pattern and different cutting tools.  This year I ran out of time to do something fancy and ended up with a couple of simple pumpkins.  They were cute but I forgot to take pictures this year.

Over the years I've also use a variety of kitchen tools, spoons and plastic scoopers purchased in kits to try and get the inside of the pumpkin as clean as possible.  Well this year I finally had the perfect tool in my kitchen drawer.

On one of my many trips to Vermont I picked up a Maudie's Super Squash Scooper and some little country store.  This simple looking tool made cleaning out the pumpkins super easy.  So much less stress on my hand, wrist and arm.  Maudie's Super Squash Scooper has also made it easy to prepare the variety of squash received in my CSA share.

Maudie's web site can be found here http://maudies.us.  They list the places you can find their tool.

Teresa








No comments:

Post a Comment