Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

Food parings get me motivated

I need to get working on this blog again.  It’s been over a year since I’ve felt really motivated.  About a year ago I found out that the CSA I was volunteering at was being absorbed by a bigger CSA and after a few weeks I realized there was no place for me in the bigger CSA.  Turned out to be a blessing in disguise.  I ended up purchasing a share in a start up CSA.  It’s been a wonderful experience.  While this time of year my stores are waning (I’m down to a couple of squash, some parsnips and popcorn), I’ve been able to enjoy fresh items purchased at the local winter farmers market.

I’ve been cooking, taking pictures and reading books over the past year.  I have lots of  interesting information to share.  It’s just a matter of sitting down and putting it together.  Writing a blog with decent content is easier said than done.

So what got me motivated this time was a fantastic article I came across.  I needed to find out what spices paired with cherry (I was subbing dried cherries for dried apricots) and came across this great reference article titled,  “Flavor profiles that pair well in recipes” on the Nouveau Raw blog.  Anyway I though the info was good.  I was also thinking I might use it when I go to the oil store to create vinegar/oil pairings for salad dressings.  I’ve learned that the right parings can make all the difference in a salad.  

Not much information but I hope you’ll be hearing from me more often.  


Teresa 


No comments:

Post a Comment